The VPC-5600S recently picked up coveted COMPUTEX d&i and Taiwan Excellence Awards, and AAEON network security division product manager Josh Chen has labelled it “the perfect surveillance system.” AAEON is currently the only company to offer NVRs featuring eight PoE ports with individual LAN chips. With this hardware specification and the device’s 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, users will receive the highest quality images from multiple sources without any danger of data loss. With an additional four USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports and two LAN ports, the VPC-5600S can support up to 14 high-grade surveillance cameras.
The VPC-5600S’s smart PoE functionality also gives users an edge when it comes to saving time and money on maintenance. If any camera or sensor connected to the system isn’t working as it should, it can be remotely checked and rebooted. Even if peripheral devices stop working altogether, the rest of the network will continue running smoothly. Additionally, since voltage and current information from each connected sensor can be sent to the cloud for analysis, the system also serves as an effective IoT gateway device.
This rugged, fanless device has a guaranteed operational temperature range of -40oC to 85oC and a DC input range of 10V to 36V. It features comprehensive storage options including two 2.5” HDD/SSD Bays and an mSATA slot, and easy-to-fit extension modules allow users to quickly and cheaply add additional display or COM ports. Onboard GPS and GLONASS along with CAN bus support and a vibration-resistant design also make this system ideal for in-vehicle applications.
✦ Shop Online (Orders dispatched in 3 working days)
- In-Vehicle Platform
- 260-pin DDR4 2133 MHz SODIMM x 2, up to 32 GB
- Intel® Integrated Graphics Engine Supports Two Display by HDMI x 1, DP x 1
- Realtek® Ethernet Connection x 6 Ports (including 4 x PoE Ports)
- Mini-PCIe Socket x 3 (Full-size x 2 & Half-size x 1), mSATA Slot x 1 (Optional)
- Built-in CAN 2.0B. Optional OBDII Function (SAE J1939/J1708) (UART Interface)
- E-Mark Certified
|Form Factor||Multi-PoE & Fanless Appliance|
|processor||Intel® 7th Gen. Core™ i3/i5/i7 Processor |
(Default: i3-7100U; Project base: i5-7300U, i7-7600U)
|Main Memory||Up to 32GB, DDR4 260-pin SODIMM|
|Display||HDMI x 1, DP x 1|
|Ethernet||LAN x 2 + 4 PoE Ports, RTL8111E 10/100/1000 Base|
|SMART POE||4 ports, sharing 60W of power budget for every four PoE ports.|
|Expansion Slot||Mini-Card slot x 3 (USB2.0 x 2 + PCIe & USB 2.0 x 1) Built-in CAN 2.0B x 1|
|GPS||On board (GPS/GLONASS), G Sensor|
|Front I/O Panel||Power Button x 1|
3G/4G/WIFI LED x 3
USB 3.2 Gen 1 x 4
GbE port (RJ-45) x 2
PoE LAN x 4 (IEEE 802.3 at/af)
DP x 1
Reset Button x 1
|Rear I/O Panel||DC-In power x 1|
Remote Power x 1
8-bit DIO x 1,
4-ch digital input (Wet/dry contact with Isolation Protection 3,000 VDC) ,
4-ch digital output (Compatible 5 V/TTL, 31 mA max. per channel)
DC 12V/1A Output x 1
RS-232/422/485 x 2
HDMI x 1
CanBus connector x 1, Audio Line-out x 1, Mic-In x 1
SIM slot x 2
|HDD||2.5” SSD x 2|
|CF/CFast/mSATA||mSATA Slot x 1 (If mSATA x 1 used, then only one SATA available)|
|Operating Temperature||-4°F ~ 158°F (-20°C ~ 70°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°F ~ 185°F (-40°C ~ 85°C)|
|Storage Humidity||10%~80% @40°C, non-condensing|
|Certification||CE & FCC Class A, EMARK|
|Power Supply||DC 10-36V, with ignition pin|
|Removable HDD Tray||Hot swappable 2.5’’ SSD x 2 (Project base) via extension module|
|Internal System HDD Bay||2.5" HDD x 2|
|Dimension||6.85’’ x 7.87” x 2.52” (174mm x 200mm x 64mm)|
|Gross Weight||5.7 lb (2.6 kg)|
Ordering Information [VPC-5600S]
|storage||Supporting 2.5” SSD x 2|
|display|| DP x 1,|
HDMI x 1
|lan||GbE x 2|
|usb||USB 3.2 Gen 1 x 4|
|expansion slot|| Mini-Card x 3|
Built-in CAN2.0B x 1
- Wall mount bracket
- SATA cable x 2
- Power cable x 2 (for SATA)
|9741236A00||WiFi module kit, 802.11ac/a/b/g/n.BT4.2.USB Signal.SparkLan.WPET-236ACN(BT).W/2 sets of cable&antenna|
|9741EG25G0||PCIe mimi card 4G LTE module kit Global Band W/SIM holder w/ Cable & antenna|
|1702031803||Power Cord.3P-250V 10A 180D.1.8M.VDE.FAN-JET.YP-22/YC-12 (Euro)|
|1702031802||Power Cord.3P-125V 10A 180D.1.8M.USA.FANJET.YP12/YC-12 (USA)|
|170203180E||Power Cord. 3P. 125V/7A. 1. 8M. PSE YP12/YC12 Certificat (JPN)|
|9651560001||Package of VPC-5600S mating connectors|
|1255X00059||(TF)AC/DC Power Supply.input AC100-240V output DC 19V.6.32A.120W.3P phoenix.5.08mm.FSP.FSP120-ABAN3.9NA1208542|
- What's the com port number that GPS used on VPC-5600 ? How to check latitude Longitude under ubuntu14.04 on VPC-5600 ?
- The GPS number should be /dev/ttyS5 and user could downlod gpsd tool to get latitude Longitude. Note: Please remind them to test it on open field, otherwise will not receive signal.
- How to rework MinPCIe to mSATA ?
- For details, please refer to FAQ1901201 or contact AAEON AE Remove --> R261,R268 Add --> R262,R269
- Can mSATA use with SATA 1 and 2 port on VPC-5600S?
- No, only SATA1 can be used if using mSATA at the same time.
- What's VPC-5600S cover fuse spec?
- What's its power adapter P/N?
- The adapter P/N is 1255X00045. But please note VPC-5600S is a Vehicle PC, it basically requires an acc signal from vehicle to power on VPC-5600S. If customer is gonner run it without vehicle, customer can connect pin1 & pin3.
- How to fix PCIe error when using VPC-5600 with PER-T465 POE card under Ubuntu?