Learn more about AAEON's Professional Maker Boards.
UP Squared (UP²) is world's fastest maker board with the high performance and low power consumption features of Intel® Celeron™, Pentium™ and Atom™ Processors (codename Apollo Lake).
The internal GPU is the new Intel® Gen. 9 HD with 12/18 Execution Units, supporting 4K Codec Decode and Encode for HEVC⁴, H.264 and VP8. Thanks to the Vector Units Image Processing Unit and Precision Timing Management to synchronize CPU with I/O, improved determinism (cache QoS, Intel Virtualization Technology), all the graphic processing is effortless to UP Squared.
UP Squared comes with 2GB/4GB/8GB LPDDR4 and 32GB/64GB/128GB eMMC. A 40-pin GP-bus provides the freedom for makers to build up their module. Additionally, there is a 60-pin EXHAT for embedded applications. This allows for the exploration of more possibilities. The expansion capabilities of UP2 (UP Squared) goes much further than this. Native mini-PCI-e, M.2 2230 and SATA3 are all built in on the board.
The board supports Windows 10, Windows IoT Core, Ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto and Android Nougat. It's really UP to you to decide which operating system is best for your application. Now, all you need is an UP Squared to begin your project!
- High performance and low power consumption features of Intel® Celeron™, Pentium™ and Atom™ Processors (codename Apollo Lake)
- FPGA multifunction switching capability plus numerous I/O
- GPU is supporting 4K Codec Decode and Encode for HEVC4, H.264 and VP8.
- LPDDR4 Max 8G and eMMC Max 128G on the board.
- Scalable IO module integration
- Supports Windows 10, Windows IoT Core, Ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto and Android 7.0
- Develop community support
Specifications [UP SQUARED]
|Processor||Intel® Celeron™ N3350 (up to 2.4 GHz)|
Intel® Pentium™ N4200 (up to 2.5 GHz)
Intel® Atom ™ E3940 (up to 1.8Ghz)
|Graphics||Intel® Gen 9 HD, supporting 4K Codec Decode and Encode for HEVC4, H.264, VP8|
|I/O||HDMI 1.4b x1 4K @ 30 hz + DP 1.2 1x 4K @ 60 hz|
I2S audio port
|Camera||CSI 2-lane + CSI 4-lane|
|USB||3x UB3.0 (Type A) + 1x USB 3.0 OTG (Micro B)|
2x USB2.0+2 X UART (Tx/Rx) debug port (pin header)
|Expansion||40 pin General Purpose bus + 4-channel 12-bit A/D converter (500 Ksps to 1 Msps) |
60 pin EXHAT
1 x mini-PCIe (full-size, auto switch to m-SATA) M.2 2230, SATA3
|Power||5V DC-in @ 4A-6A|
|Dimension||3.37" x 3.54" / 85.60 mm × 90 mm|
|Operating Humidity||0%～90% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Memory||2GB ( single channel) LPDDR4|
4GB/8GB ( dual channel) LPDDR4)
|Storage||32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB eMMC|
|Ethernet||2x Gb Ethernet (full speed) RJ-45|
|OS support||Microsoft Windows 10 (full), Windows IOT Core, Linux|
(ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto), Android Nougat
|Operating Temperature||32-140°F / 0~60°C|
|certificate||CE/FCC Class A, RoHS complaint, REACH|
Downloads [UP Squared]
FAQ [UP Squared]
- UP Squared mPCIe video card not possible?
- the MINI card (CN8) can't working with the type of FFC converter for display card, because of the impedances might not match exactly, and PCIE is high speed signal. You may need to use or find FPC converter for this, and trace impedance is matched to 85ohm, if you want to use of display card on UP^2
- Why the Windows cannot be installed to this disk, for based on MBR partition table
- UP computer (UP Board) that uses UEFI BIOS, it's only support GPT partition, UP Squared either
- Why clone image failure by Clonezilla live
- Please use AMD64 version of altemative (Ubuntu-based) clonezilla live, because of UP board uses UEFI BIOS to boot. Go to visit clonezilla.org and check out downloads page.
- Why USB ports and GPIO power stay on while UP Squared board is off?
- UP^2 can't drop down power to GPIO (HAT40pin) & USB when OS shutdown. Unless you switch off the power, GPIO & USB will stay on.
- UP-Squard HAT 40 pin GPIO voltage support
- Connect HAT 40 pin GPIO support 3V voltage. The 5V voltage is support HAT device card.